Friday, June 11, 2010

Things I miss......

Since my husband's passing 5 long, tiresome weeks ago, I have thought about him constantly and probably every minute of the day. There are many things that I miss about him and his sayings. It seems that everywhere I go, he is reminding me of our life together. In a way, this is bittersweet.

What I miss about Dan:

When he smiles at me for no reason.
His subtle " I love yous" just out of the blue.
The way he would stand and tell me goodbye when I would leave for the day.
The color of his eyes when he stood in the light... they were the prettiest green every.
Friday steak nights and watching our dvr movies.
Hugs and kisses all throughout the day... this includes kisses goodnight.
The smell of his deodorant.
Holding hands and touching feet while in bed.
Everyday conversations which usually turned into me asking advice about something.
Walks to have a drink.
Walks after having a drink...ouch!
The way he loved me.

The list could go on... but I am beginning to cry!
I will never forget you Danny! I love you forever!

1 comment:

Sara Lynn said...

You brought tears to my eyes and I never even met him. I think about you often and just hope your alright. I know we aren't very close but I am always here for you if you do ever need anything.